The Museum is under construction. New doors, walls, and pavement are all going in, so please excuse our progress. This construction, along with cleaning the outside aircraft, will be ongoing, so please keep an eye… More
Museum of Aviation Foundation Wish Lists!
The Museum of Aviation Foundation is a nonprofit organization that supports the Museum of Aviation and provides education programs to visitors and schools. As a nonprofit, we are always in need of volunteers and in-kind donations.
If you are interested in helping, you can learn more about how you can help the Museum of Aviation Foundation below or by clicking here.
Education Wish List:
- On July 25, 2016, the Education Center began demolition on our 3rd-5th grade, ACE classroom! We are looking for donors and sponsors to help with the new renovations and updates. We will need new tables, funding for upgrading the lighting and the walls, manual labor, and a few other things. If you are interested in helping, please contact Valerie Myers in the Education Center.
- General Supplies for all classes and workshops: *Items in bold are in high demand
- Legal Pads
- Copy Paper
- HP61 Ink & HP128 Toner
- Pens & Pencils
- Washable Markers
- Binder Clips (All sizes)
- Used ink cartridges (not toner) for our recycling program
- Sponsors for our Educator Resource Kits for STEM support throughout our community
- The kits will be free for educators and community mentors to check out for use in the classroom and during any STEM event! Sponsors will have their name and logo proudly displayed on each kit!
- Sponsors for our Digital Displays to help us cut back on paper!
- Email Valerie Myers for a complete wish list: email@example.com
The Museum of Aviation is looking for individuals who would like to spend four hours each week working as a volunteer in the exciting atmosphere of U.S. Air Force Aviation History.
Each exhibit building has a visitor desk where volunteers welcome and greet the visitors in the Museum. The volunteers are there to assist visitors any way necessary. They also walk the floors of the Museum while visitors are present to help keep an eye on exhibits and see to the needs of the visitors.
Volunteer shifts that are needed:
- Saturday mornings (9:00 am – 1:00 pm)
- Sunday mornings (9:00 am – 1:00 pm)
- Tuesday afternoons (1:00 – 5:00 pm)
- Thursday afternoons (1:00 – 5:00 pm)
For more information contact Dan Hart, Volunteer Program Administrator at 926-4242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
B-17 Wish List:
We Currently Need Funding For:
De-paint Cradle for
$2,500 Restoration $1,500
Oxygen Tanks Exterior Lights
$150 each $50 each
Contact Christin McFarland at
for all B-17 Donations.
We would like to give a special thanks to Dr. and Mrs. Todd Kinnebrew and Ortho Georgia for hosting this spectacular event!
We would also like to thank our donors and guest performers for the Hayneville Jamfest….
- McGlamry Development
- Newton Development
- Stephen Davison- Clean Control Corporation
- Warner Robins Building Supply Co.
- Houston Healthcare
- Dozier Law Firm, LLC
- Ayerbe & Arnold Law, LLC
- Morris Bank
- Waites & Foshee Insurance Group
- Northwestern Mutual Wealth Management Company
- Pain Institute of Georgia
- Cossart Design
- M.E.B. Medical
- Reynolds, Horne & Survant Attorneys at Law
- Satterfield & Dempsey Jewelers
- The A.B.E Group
- Advance Home Specialty
- Robins Anesthesia Services, LLC
- Central Georgia Periodontics and Dental Implants
- Team 1 Orthopaedics, Inc.
- Ocmulgee, Inc.
- Sunbelt Environmental Services, Inc.
- The ENT Center of Central Georgia
- Davis Oil Company
- Rollins RCI Collision
- Core Physical Therapy
- Rigby’s Entertainment Complex
- Middle Georgia Heart and Vascular Cente, LLC
- Northwestern Mutual
- Renasant Bank
- Ibalz Marketing
- A-OK Portables
- Quick Stop Computers
- Centerville Sanitation, Inc.
- Georgia DronePros
- Courtney Zamzow
- Houston Home Journal Online
- iHeart Radio
- The Telegraph
- 41 WMGT
- Z93.7 Today’s Lite Rock
- Local Shopper Paper
- The Butcher Shop
- Ole Times Country Buffet
- Campbell Airlines
- The Eli Carlan Band
- Special performances by Pat Bergeson and Jimmy Hall
- Jack Pearson Band
- The Has Beens
Thank you to all of our donors for the month of May:
|The ENT Center of Central GA P|
|Sweta Investment Group|
|Interfor US Inc|
|The Butcher Shop LLC|
|Dixie Crow Club|
|Dorothy C Newman|
|Robins Regional Education Foun|
|Persons Banking Company|
Lots to do in the coming months both onsite and off. Beginning May 5th, and running weekends through the 20th, is Murder in Sin City. What happens in Vegas, doesn’t always stay in Vegas. Tickets are on sale online now. Click here for more information.
Next up is the 2nd Annual Hayneville Jamfest, set for May 13th. A night of rock and roll and fantastic food trucks, all benefiting the Museum of Aviation. Spend the evening listening to music from Campbell Airlines, The Eli Carlan Band, Jack Pearson Band, and The Has Beens. Special performances by Pat Bergeson and Jimmy Hall. Get your tickets online, at Jet Fuel Java & Gifts, Strato Cleaners, or Ortho Georgia. For more information, click here.
And coming in July is our annual Auction, Raffle, & Taste of Local Cuisine. Get ready to Eat. Drink. and Bid the night away. Sample the best local eateries have to offer and bid on items from across the nation. Tickets are on sale now! For more information, and to purchase your ticket, click here.
For more information on these and other upcoming events keep an eye on our website.
Thank you to our sponsors and donors for the month of March, including those that supported our annual Scott Golf tournament. Without your generosity, we would be unable to provide education programs, teacher training, as well as world class exhibits and aircraft.
Thank you to…
The Charles H. Jones Family Foundation
Waites & Foshee Insurance
National Bank Products, Inc.
American Pride Bank
The Air Force Association
WGXA Fox 24 ABC 16
Smith, Hawkins, Hollingsworth, & Reeves, LLP
Chambless, Higdon, Richardson, Katz, & Griggs
Capital City Bank
Middle Georgia State University Foundation
Lowe Electric Supply
MidState RV Center
International City Optimist
Community Foundation of Central Georgia
Georgia Tech Research Institute
Bibb Distributing Company
Martin Snow, LLP
Smith, Brown, & Groover, Inc.
Butler Automotive Group, Inc.
Mayer Electric Supply
Clifton, Lipford, Hardison, & Parker, LLC
Geotechnical Environmental Consulting
W. Mansfield Jennings Jr. Charitable Trust
Tom Ward Construction
Sellers Construction Group
This year’s Brig. Gen. Robert L. Scott Golf Tournament, held at Idle Hour Golf and Country Club in Macon, brought out players from all over Georgia. Beautiful weather, and a beautiful course made it the perfect day for golf. Below is a look at some of our teams, sponsors, and the course.
1st Place Gross
Jon David Kennedy
1st Place Net
Longest Drive #15 – Chaz Rogers
Closest to the Pin #2 – Brian Tharpe
Closest to the Pin #8 – Jon David Kennedy
Closest to the Pin #12 – Bill Wiley
Closest to the Pin #18 – Stanley Wright
Restoration has been working diligently. The B-17 is making progress, the F-100 is almost complete, and the Albatross is coming along quickly. Take a look at the pictures below for how far they have come.
We would like to recognize those who have aided us this year.
Thank you to…
Andy Thomas – State Farm Insurance
Burgess Pigment Co.
Butler, Williams, & Wyche, LLP
State Rep. & Mrs. Robert Dickey
Elbit Systems of America
Georgia Military College
Robins Financial Credit Union
State Senator & Mrs. Ross Tolleson
State Bank & trust
Vein Specialist of the South
Walmart – Booth Road
The Wire Shop, Inc.
Central Georgia Technical College
Warner Robins Supply
Bailey Family Foundation
Mr. Winn Baker
Mr. & Mrs. Thomas Belisle
Mr. & Mrs. Harold Benton
Mr. Walter Bohdt
Mr. & Mrs. Marshall Butler
Ms. Carolyn Crayton
Mr. Brian Follensbee
Mr. Arthur Gordon
Mr. & Mrs. Murray Hansen
Lt. Col Ret. John Harley
Mr. Kevin Haywood
Mr. Rob Hicks
Dr. Stephan Holcomb
Mr. Steve Holcomb, Jr.
Mr. Jeffrey King
Dr. Todd Kinnebrew
Mr. Steven Kirchoff
Ms. Emily Myers
Gen. Lori Robinson
Lt. Col Ret. Ernest Smallman
Mr. Willard Stembridge
Mr. Lee Talley
Mr. Bob Walker
Mr. Gregory Ziesenhene